Weekend of December 29, 2006
Ok, I have not got the other side done before end of fall, but at least I got a good start on it. Man, I need my own garage! This time I got the passenger side aprons and shock towers removed and sandblasted. I got most of the frame rail rot cut out and repaired, with one peice left to weld in.
Also, we took a trip to a self serve parts yard, and I found a center console that should fit with some minor adjustments. I won't say what car it came from, but it has a sturdy-looking hand brake to go along with it, so once it's painted it should be both functional and nice-looking.
I'm also starting the process of building a custom billet aluminum steering wheel grip, since I tore apart the one that came on the car.